Registrar Services for Current Students

Clinical Trunk scheduling takes place in June before entering the clinical space in September.  The process begins at a class meeting during the Scientific Trunk where students are introduced to aspects of their upcoming clinical year and the process used to assign schedules.  Students are assigned one of 16 possible tracks.  A track is the order in which they take the 7 required core clerkships that are a part of the Clinical Trunk.  During scheduling, students have a 1-week block of time to submit their track rankings or preferences into the online scheduling system, which runs a best fit lottery to assign tracks.

Branches Scheduling takes place in two phases to schedule the 17 months of Branches rotations.  Branches requirements and the scheduling process are introduced during the Clinical Trunk Intensive during April.  Students schedule the first six months of their Branches course work during early summer before beginning the Branches in December.  Students schedule their remaining eleven months in February after beginning the Branches.  Students select Branch rotations via elective lotteries and are able to make changes to their schedules during Drop/Add periods.  It is imperative that students adhere to the allotted scheduling timeframes and deadlines during Branches scheduling.

The Clinical Trunk and Branches Handbooks as well as the Course Catalog contain a wealth of information, including but not limited to, scheduling requirements and deadlines, School policies, liability insurance, leaves of absence, reporting locations and clerkship descriptions.  More scheduling information and all scheduling related forms can be found in the appropriate cohort’s scheduling folder on M+Box.

Clinical grades are submitted by the departments to OMSE via a web-based program and are entered into MPathways on a daily basis.

Immediately upon entry, grades are automatically posted to the official transcript and are available for viewing on Wolverine Access.

Questions related to M3 and M4 grades should be directed to the Registration and Records Office ( in OMSE.

If you need to update your personal information in Medical School record-keeping systems, fill out the Personal Data Change Form and bring it to the Registration and Records Office in OMSE.

We will update the School's records and forward the form to the main campus Registrar to update its systems, as well.

Address Changes

Students are responsible for keeping their local and permanent address information current in Wolverine Access.

The Washtenaw County District Court operates on a one-day / one-jury service system, so whenever possible, students summoned for jury duty should serve.

Chances are good that it will require, at the most, just one day of service.

However, during the school year, this often proves to be impossible. In such cases, students who receive a summons for jury duty from the Washtenaw County Courthouse in Ann Arbor should call the number provided and ask to be deferred on the basis of their student status.

This type of deferral is usually granted once, but students remain in the juror pool and are summoned again until they serve, often within a few months of the original summons.

Students who are summoned after a deferral, or students who receive a summons from any other jurisdiction, must bring their summons to Cynthia Murphy, Medical School Registrar, in the Office of Medical Student Education, for handling.

Please direct any questions to

In the months prior to graduation, seniors will receive lots of information and instructions related to temporary licensure. Please submit all forms and paperwork to the Registration and Records Office ( in the OMSE for processing.

Process for Certification/Verification Request

Below is important information regarding certification/verification next steps for your state licensing for your residency program.

Please note that OMSE staff are currently working remotely from home and our communication channel is by email only.  ALL certification/verification requests must be sent as PDF attachments to

Certification/Verification Form submission steps:

  1. Complete the applicant portion of your residency certification/verification form.  Our office does not provide the individual residency forms.  You will need to reach out to the residency program to which you matched to obtain these forms
  2. Complete the UM Release Waiver form (Note: You will need to complete a release waiver form for each institution/location to which your certification/verification form is to be sent.)
  3. Send your completed residency certification/verification form and UM Release Waiver form, in PDF format, to

 Important Notes:

  1. Residency programs and their forms have very specific requirements.
  2. Requests will be processed based on priority, as each medical institution and/or licensing board requires forms have different processing deadlines and timeframes.  Examples are:
    1. The certification/verification form might require completion when degree requirements are completed, which would be the last day of the term in April.
    2. The certification/verification form might require completion after the degree has been officially conferred, which is the Monday after graduation.
    3. The certification/verification form might require immediate completion.  In this case the form will say something like “will be awarded/conferred”.
  3. Requests will NOT and CANNOT be completed according to the date in which they are received during this busy time of year.
  4. Our office does not provide nor process transcript requests.  If your residency program requires a transcript, all transcript requests must be submitted to the University of Michigan Registrar’s Office.  Please visit for further information.  The University of Michigan Registrar’s Office staff are also working remotely and there may be delays in processing transcript requests.

Loan deferment forms are processed by the U-M Office of the Registrar on main campus, and may be dropped off at the OMSE reception desk to be forwarded to campus.

M2 students receive $186 in October

M3 students receive $126 in January

Students who are unable to access their funds, or who have questions should contact
Jill Miller (

Current students who need an official transcript for any purpose other than the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) must order it via Wolverine Access.

Official transcripts for ERAS are provided for M4 students by the Medical School Registrar.

Students who need a new MCard should pick up an ID form at the front desk at OMSE - Student Services.

There is a $20 replacement fee for lost cards. There is no charge for a department or name change.