March and April of your third year, meet with your faculty career advisor.
Think about who you will ask for letters of recommendation during the residency application process.
- Schedule the MSPE (Dean’s Letter).
- “Decision” electives.
- MSPE appointments.
- ERAS tokens are distributed by email from OMSE Student Services.
- Applicants begin to work on the Common Application Form (CAF) in MyERAS.
- Begin requesting letters of recommendation from faculty.
- Continue requesting faculty letters of recommendation.
- Must be scheduled for USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge.
- Must be scheduled for USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills.
- Begin your research on residency programs.
- MSPE final student review begins.
- Follow up with mentors and faculty to ensure recommendation letters are sent.
- Early match specialties begin taking applications (SF, AUA and Military)
- Sept. 15: ERAS application can be certified and applicants can apply to programs.
- Sept. 15: NRMP applicant registration begins at Noon EST.
- Last opportunity to submit any additional grades or CV information for MSPE.
- Oct. 1: MSPE released residency programs via ERAS, SF Match and MODS
- Residency program interviews begin.
Nov. 30: NRMP registration deadline. Late fee is assessed after November 30.
- Dec. 1: Deadline for USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge.
- Jan. 15: NRMP Rank Order List (ROL) entry begins.
- Early specialty match deadlines and match results at SF Match and American Urological Association.
Feb. 26: NRMP Rank Order List (ROL) entry/certification deadline at 9 PM EST.
- March 16: NRMP Applicant notified of matched/unmatched status at Noon.
- March 20: Match Day.
April — May
Financial aid exit interviews. Mandatory for all student loan borrowers.
Medical School Commencement - May 15, 2020.